AWG Blogs

  • Getting ADB Working for SPH-M840 - Had a SPH-M840 Galaxy Ring Virgin Mobile 3G Android version 4.1.2, attempting to install apps from Android Studio failed to detect device. Installed SAMSUN...
    5 months ago
  • How to check if I have write permissions to an Oracle table - SELECT CASE WHEN COUNT(*) > 0 THEN 'YES' ELSE 'NO' END AS PERMISSIONS FROM ( SELECT privilege FROM ( select * from dba_tab_privs where (grantee = 'MY_USE...
    5 months ago
  • JSF vs Struts 2 - JSF was designed in part by the authors of Struts to create a "Struts" that did a more accurate implementation of MVC (Struts is technically "Model 2") a...
    6 months ago
  • XML Beans vs JAXB - Seems XML Beans is superior: JAXB provides support for the XML schema specification, but handles only a subset of it; XMLBeans supports all of it. Also, by...
    10 months ago
  • Algorithms and OOP - In addition to DCI, "generic programming" as well as the move to functional programming appears to add nuance to the OOP notion of joining behavior with da...
    1 year ago
  • Flyweight vs Singleton - Implementations seems to be virtually identical, differing only in style, where the flyweight object is created and held by associated objects (containers:...
    1 year ago
  • init-param vs context-param - see http://javahash.com/difference-between-servlet-init-and-context-parameter/ for background. Gist: context-param variables are global and accessible thro...
    1 year ago
  • rbenv vs RVM - RVM is responsible not only for changing Ruby versions, but for installing rubies and managing gemsets, as well. ...Along with rbenv [to manage ruby versi...
    1 year ago

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Connecting to Web Service with .NET

I needed to connect to a remote Java WSRF Web Service having access only to the WSDL and login credentials. At first I tried using Visual Studio 2008, but found it doesn't support old style WSE so well, so had to revert to Visual Studio 2005, over which I installed Microsoft WSE 3.0.msi.

I then pointed wsdl.exe at the https://url?wsdl to generate the proxy class, which I put in the App_Code folder of a test web project. wsdl.exe caused the Service class to inherit from System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol. I had to replace this with Microsoft.Web.Services3.WebServicesClientProtocol to get the proper authentication interface.

I then had to manually add a wse3policyCache.conf file to get the policy setting intialized (see https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/newbie-help-adding-security-header-request-object#comment-3625021).

Then, following guidance in http://bytes.com/topic/net/answers/560786-how-add-soap-header-soap-message, I added a SoapHeader class as well as an attribute to the target proxy class method.

The SoapDocumentMethodAttribute Action attribute was set to a blank string so I had to set that to the fully qualified url of the method from the WSDL, i.e. .../PortType/TheMethod.

In the client code, I then just had to call myproxy.SetClientCredential(..), then I could use the proxy class without problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment